Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Worst stalker ever

We are no closer to discovering the identity of Siobhan's betrothed.

Last night, after work, I went to the Expensive Bloviated Hyphenated-Name Legal Associates offices and watched Siobhan's window from the park across the road. Espionage is not my strong suit; I was bored within two minutes and began watching other windows instead
. (One guy was jacked into his laptop, grooving away in his chair to music only he could hear. At one point, he apparently forgot where he was and decided to execute an enthusiastic chair twirl. Result: he got garroted by the ear phone cord, his laptop shot off the desk and crashed, his co-workers leapt a foot in the air, and the whole floor got evacuated due to a "bomb threat". It was excellent.)

Threat or no, Siobhan stayed within. (Pity there wasn't really a bomb; I'm fairly sure she could defuse one just by looking at it.) After half an hour of watching evacuated employees complain and smoke in the loading zone out the front, I pulled a book out of my bag so it would look like I was actually doing something productive instead of, well, stalking someone.  Unfortunately it was a really good book. I looked up much, much later to find Siobhan's office dark and her carpark empty. Fucking hell.

On an
equally incompetent note, we are no closer to finding a dress for the "wedding". (I'm calling it that until we have concrete proof of a groom. I even use the air quotes finger thing. Anise has forgiven me.) I'm considering weaving one myself out of plastic bags and the The Doctor's furballs; believe me, it would look better than some of the things Siobhan has shoe-horned me into so far.

Second attempt at investigation coming up... Can someone recommend a really boring book to use as a prop?  

No comments:

Post a Comment